We hope you are all safe and well.
Great news – our pitches are open from this Saturday. We have organised a training schedule (week beginning Monday 29th June) for the children – we will be sending out schedules over the coming days.
The club have taken all the required measures to minimise the risk of Covid-19 transmission. It is vital that you and your child do the same for a safe return to play.
There are some new rules and safeguards the GAA have put in place to help us all get back.
– Return to play is optional; if you or your child is not comfortable returning that is OK – we will see you in the not too distant future
– Club membership must be up to date, otherwise your child is not insured.
– Before returning the GAA eLearning module MUST be completed online: https://courses.gaa.ie/Covid19ClubEd
– Before returning the GAA eHealth questionnaire MUST be completed online: https://returntoplay.gaa.ie and reconfirmed online before every subsequent training/match
It is vital the above 2 modules are completed – players will not be allowed into the grounds without completing them and some of the coaching team will be actively checking this upon entry.
At the bottom of this post are 2 documents released by Croke Park that help explain what you need to do. Resources are also available on the GAA website @ https://learning.gaa.ie/covid19resources
– All players must take their own water bottle (there will be no sharing of water bottles)
– All players to take their own hand disinfectant (there are mini bottles available in the shops)
– All players have gone to the toilet before attending training
– Everyone to follow the guidance of coaches and supervisors within the grounds
– No parents/guardians are allowed within the grounds – children to be dropped off and collected in the parking area outside the main gate.
– Everyone adopts the “Get In, Train, Get Out” policy – no lingering before or after training.
This may seem like a lot, but it is for the safety of everyone in the club, especially the children so if we abide by the rules we can all get back to enjoying our sport.
You will soon be getting a message about actual training times – we hope to see all the children very soon.
For any questions you can either talk to the member of the coaching team who will meet your child at the gate, or you can contact the Children’s Officer, Brian Sherry on 086 233 4287 or the Secretary, Philip Traynor on 087 920 1381